Balances for jobs

Fritos2k

Re: Balances for jobs

Post by Fritos2k » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 am

Thx kjLotus , when you say client are you talking about the .DAT files in the ROM folders? I did some tinkering with POLutils last nite and looked at some of the spell/job ability string tables, couldn't find anything for Traits tho. What i did see was the lv at which spells are attained, would changing those allow for example PLD to get Cure at lv1 as opposed to 5? Thx again and I'll keep looking, what i did find when i went back to the old PXI files was an Dual_Wield.lua file under effects, gonna try to tinker with that too.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Fritos2k wrote:Thx kjLotus , when you say client are you talking about the .DAT files in the ROM folders?
ya, i feel like you'd have to find where dual wield is defined in the client and change it there
Fritos2k wrote: What i did see was the lv at which spells are attained, would changing those allow for example PLD to get Cure at lv1 as opposed to 5?
hmm, maybe. if casting these spells works the same as dual wielding, then perhaps. (otherwise you probably don't even need to change any dat files)

now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure the server sends the client a packet that tells it which spells/abilities you can use. so it's entirely possible (although i'd not really know exactly where to look) that the server sends the client something that tells it that your class can or can't dual wield, and that the current implementation doesn't properly check the traits (hard coded for NIN10 maybe?)

altalus

Post by altalus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 am

I added Dual weild to THF lvl 10 by adding the line in the traits table of the database with the correct job ID and level. Then I restarted the server and the changes were there. I don't remember if I had to change jobs to have it activate...

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:00 pm

altalus wrote:I added Dual weild to THF lvl 10 by adding the line in the traits table of the database with the correct job ID and level. Then I restarted the server and the changes were there. I don't remember if I had to change jobs to have it activate...
thf is different than warrior because they natively get dual wield now, i'd imagine that just adding the traits would work for both thf and dnc, just because the client knows they can at some point

altalus

Post by altalus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:52 pm

kjLotus wrote: thf is different than warrior because they natively get dual wield now, i'd imagine that just adding the traits would work for both thf and dnc, just because the client knows they can at some point
Good point. I'm sure there some sort of client-side checking that would be impossible to modify unless one is ready to re-do a client.

Fritos2k

Post by Fritos2k » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Thx for the followup guys. The way it looks, setting the dual wield trait to lv1 and subbing the jobs that have it natively is so far the only way to get DW at lv1. I'll keep checking POLutils to see if there is anything in there but that's a lot of DATs to go thru. Either way thx for the follow up guys