Odin/Alexander

buddysievers

Odin/Alexander

Post by buddysievers » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 pm

i wonder if its already possible to use them even if the quests not implemented yet ?!
i mean if i add them with gm command or in the database...
if its not possible i suggest to script at least the avatars, because for the quests ToAU missions up to 48 (??) must be implemented.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Odin/Alexander

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Seems closer to a question than a suggestion. I'll try to answer with my limited knowledge of the code involved.

Yes, you can add them to your spell list. It's trivial. @addspell 305, @addspell 306. They don't do anything however, because they're not scripted, and neither is Astral flow.

Work would be necessary in the core to make it possible to even summon them. This could range from just adding a few lines to associate the spell with which pet it summons, to requiring entire functions that define the pet. That's an area where my understanding breaks down.

Once it's possible to summon them, the rest should be relatively easy. Alexander gives a 90 second AoE buff, and the effect of the buff is invulnerability to damage. That would require some work in the core to make possible, as I'm not aware of a "this person is invincible" effect at the moment, but I bet it would be fairly easy.

Odin would probably be easier, if the damage formula is known. He pops, calculate damage, do damage, reduce SMN MP to 0, dismiss pet. Pretty much all of that is trivial.

buddysievers

Re: Odin/Alexander

Post by buddysievers » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 am

hmm so i have to wait for it but thx for the answer