ID of thing missed

Tiddus

ID of thing missed

Post by Tiddus » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:29 am

I'm sorry to bother you but I would like to know how and where do you find the information about the "mob_skill_id" or "mob_anim_id" etc..

I saw some work on Titan and I wish I could do the same for the other avatar. But I do not know where to find information on different IDs.

I find in the folder "documentation" monster_tp_movies.txt where we can find "mob_skill_id" but I don't find any information about "anim_id", and I don't think it's a random values for this information...

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, I would appreciate it.

Sincerely, Tiddus

Metalfiiish
Developer

Re: ID of thing missed

Post by Metalfiiish » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:25 am

that is the golden question. If we knew what they were they would have already been made ^.^ . The only ways to figure out the animation ID are to guess randomly and check what animation it does or to capture packets from the real FFXI server while the action is happening in game but I advise against that as that can get you in trouble.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 pm

You can look at the known animation IDs and use them as a point of reference when testing...chances are avatar animations are all grouped together logically in some way. Unfortunately, as Metal said, the only easy way to get that info is to capture the animation packets from retail.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:17 pm

I've noticed that once you find a correlation of Server Animation ID = AltanaViewer/ModelViewer Animation ID +/- value_n, you can usually make some educated guesses using that information. For example, if you go to "Effect" in AltanaViewer, and select Berserk, that's AnimationID 0 in the job abilities table. And at least at a casual glance, it seems to correlate back and forth between the two relatively reliably. You can also do something similar with 'look' data on NPCs.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:50 am

Now THAT is some useful information! Thanks!

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 pm

bluekirby0 wrote:Now THAT is some useful information! Thanks!
I've got a partial table started for animation IDs for job abilities. I need to verify about 100 more entries in the abilities.sql table, then I'll start checking the gaps, such as the unused chunk from 41 to 79. I'll have to try converting it into a more wiki-friendly format once I'm done. Could be useful.

There's odd behavior, of course. You can mostly follow it under abilities until 98, when it takes a sudden detour to Corsair rolls, but it's better than completely groping in the dark. Especially since you have to restart the server any time you change an animation ID.