Come play FFXI The way it used to be

For discussions on the public old-school server
bluekirby0
Developer

Re: Come play FFXI The way it used to be

Post by bluekirby0 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 am

I'll warn you now that things have moved around a bit in there since pre-abyssea retail. The basement now houses 80+ mobs and the exorays have moved in very close to the first egg room so be careful.

Flunklesnarkin

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:21 am

lame lol

Square Enix really said FU to the rest of the game balance when abyssea came along xD

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeah, the ring room is a nightmare now, and getting down to the other side means running through about a dozen Exorays. Garlaige basement is also pretty scary now. The changes were mostly so that there were exp camps for L80 or L85 parties, since SMN burn and Abyssea leech are the way to go on low levels anymore.

diogee

Post by diogee » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:41 pm

so when are you guys gonna catch up to my level so we can unlock your 50 cap and my 55 cap...

Flunklesnarkin

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 pm

I just dinged 36 ;p

A couple other people are in the low level 30's range.

I stopped leveling up my highest job for a while to help new people level up xD

We getting there though ^^

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:33 pm

You know, I almost think that the ??? marks in Crawler's, Garlaige, and Eldieme are in place. I'll have to check, and edit this post.

Basically, SE revised Genkai 1 so that you can kill the mobs for those items, or you can run around and touch 3 ??? marks in the zone to get the G1 item that zone has.

If they're there, it shouldn't be hard to code them. Simple bitmask, if quest = active, if bitmask = full, give item, etc.

Afternoon entertainment found!

Edit:
Crawler's (197) has a lot of unused QMs. Investigating.
- CN: No.
- EN: No.
- GC: No.

I stand corrected. No easy G1 for you.

Flunklesnarkin

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:20 pm

I dinged 38 on my War and 34 on my Thief alt today :D

I might end up heading to beaucedine glacier instead and doing the tiger FoV page there.

or maybe work on unlocking paladin or dark knight next time. Uberon and Bellator wanted to get some advanced jobs done.

You could join us in leveling up some advanced jobs if you want diogee?

I might just spend a day farming up yagudo necklaces to build norg fame, they drop a lot and with the mog sack / satchel I can carry like 80 or so, it would only take 3 or 4 trips to turn in enough necklaces.

They certainly drop more than the zinc ores, I've gotten maybe 12 or 13 of those leveling in gustaberg

oh, i was looking into doing the gobbie bag quest soon, and the only item I think might be hard to get is the steel ingot.

since guild merchants don't work I think the easiest way would be to desynth goblin helms, but its a HQ desynth to get the ingot.

Is it possible to get HQ while crafting?

diogee

Post by diogee » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 am

Flunklesnarkin wrote:I dinged 38 on my War and 34 on my Thief alt today :D

I might end up heading to beaucedine glacier instead and doing the tiger FoV page there.

or maybe work on unlocking paladin or dark knight next time. Uberon and Bellator wanted to get some advanced jobs done.

You could join us in leveling up some advanced jobs if you want diogee?

I might just spend a day farming up yagudo necklaces to build norg fame, they drop a lot and with the mog sack / satchel I can carry like 80 or so, it would only take 3 or 4 trips to turn in enough necklaces.

They certainly drop more than the zinc ores, I've gotten maybe 12 or 13 of those leveling in gustaberg

oh, i was looking into doing the gobbie bag quest soon, and the only item I think might be hard to get is the steel ingot.

since guild merchants don't work I think the easiest way would be to desynth goblin helms, but its a HQ desynth to get the ingot.

Is it possible to get HQ while crafting?
Ive been working on SAM in my spare time, but since the tenshodo vendors still dont work gonna be a while

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:22 am

HQs are possible but I think the rate is even worse than retail.

Flunklesnarkin

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Ding 40 :D