Puppetmaster - Repairing It

Puppet Master
bluesolarflare

Re: Puppetmaster - Repairing It

Post by bluesolarflare » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:19 pm

I am working on Pup ai right now thanks to Kj. I've managed to get the auto to cure when the master or pt members hp is below a certain threshold along with enfeeble the mob. It is very basic right now but I'm working to expand it to retail settings where there are 4 seperate timers for the whm auto.

Also there was mention about geo working. I actually have managed to piggyback a luopan model on a light spirit that stays put and applies AoE buffs at 10 yalms as a proof on concept for geocloture. I can't seem to find the self indi aura animations though

Curly

Post by Curly » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:41 pm

We've come really far. Keep up the good work!

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:43 pm

kjLotus just updated automatonentity to support calling equipped attachments into the core so now I can continue coding some more of the ai. This was a bit of a hurdle since some attachments modify the casting behavior of the auto such as damage gauge. When it is equipped it changes the cure threshold depending on the amount of maneuvers available along with prioritizing cures. Based on wiki i have the following coded when Damage gauge is equipped:

Code: Select all

Maneuvers            w/o Damage Gauge            w/ Damage Gauge
------------      ----------------------     --------------------
Light x 0                 30%                        50%
Light x 1                 40%                        70%
Light x 2                 50%                        80%
Light x 3                 75%                        90%

I still need to throw optic fiber into the equation which boosts the numbers higher.

Since there are 75+ attachments, I need to go thru and find out which ones to code into the core vs creating an lua script. My thought is to separate which attachments add status effects vs those that modify some timer or those that give access to a specific ability. Attachments such as Hammermill, Strobe, and Flashbulb I'll code into the ai_automaton_dummy since they will be on a timer to call the ability. Mana booster, Damage Gauge, and others that change casting times will also be placed in the core while all other attachments that specifically add a status I hope to add into a global lua file that can be called when a player uses activate. In the global file it will look to see what attachments are equipped and add their status to the auto. An example of this would be Turbo Charger which adds +5% haste with no wind maneuvers applied so upon activating it would apply that to the auto. Another example is Auto Repair Kit II which adds +8% HP to the auto.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:20 pm

bluesolarflare wrote:I need to go thru and find out which ones to code into the core vs creating an lua script.
Ideally, they will all go in lua scripts - and it should all be possible after I'm done with the AI rewrite
bluesolarflare wrote:while all other attachments that specifically add a status I hope to add into a global lua file that can be called when a player uses activate. In the global file it will look to see what attachments are equipped and add their status to the auto. An example of this would be Turbo Charger which adds +5% haste with no wind maneuvers applied so upon activating it would apply that to the auto. Another example is Auto Repair Kit II which adds +8% HP to the auto.
Hmm, probably better to keep it constrained to its attachment lua (ie. on activate, iterate over every attachment and call the attachment script for onActivate or whatever)

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:56 pm

That probably is best now that you mentioned it. Seems the only thing to really tie into the core is anything that reduces ai decisions or thresholds for Cures based on attachments. Drum magazine, damage Gauge, and mana channeler come to mind in regards to that.

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:56 am

Seems like there is already a method for hasAttachment in lua_baseentity but it seems it might need to be changed since calling it produces a nil value.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:18 pm

bluesolarflare wrote:Seems like there is already a method for hasAttachment in lua_baseentity but it seems it might need to be changed since calling it produces a nil value.
hasAttachment is not for checking if an attachment is equipped, it's for seeing if you have unlocked an attachment

Curly

Post by Curly » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Tested PUP today. Maneuvers aren't responding to their proper parts.

Light Manu - Flashbulb - Automaton is supposed to use Flash. Doesn't use Flash.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:40 pm

Curly wrote:Tested PUP today. Maneuvers aren't responding to their proper parts.

Light Manu - Flashbulb - Automaton is supposed to use Flash. Doesn't use Flash.
None of them work yet, of course - you can see which attachments are scripted under scripts/globals/abilities/pets/attachments (which is, at the time of this post, none)

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:32 pm

kjLotus,

In regards to calling the attachment on activate to see if said attachment is equipped and applying a base effect, (auto repair kit has +4% HP) I think a more simple solution can be done. Instead of calling the attachment on activate to apply the attachments base effect with no maneuvers, do you think it might better to create a new SQL file called attachment_mods.sql and then when the attachment is equipped, it applies the base mod to the auto? This would be similar to equipment mods and would streamline the process I think.