Puppetmaster - Repairing It

Puppet Master
kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Puppetmaster - Repairing It

Post by kjLotus » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:56 pm

bluesolarflare wrote:kjLotus,

In regards to calling the attachment on activate to see if said attachment is equipped and applying a base effect, (auto repair kit has +4% HP) I think a more simple solution can be done. Instead of calling the attachment on activate to apply the attachments base effect with no maneuvers, do you think it might better to create a new SQL file called attachment_mods.sql and then when the attachment is equipped, it applies the base mod to the auto? This would be similar to equipment mods and would streamline the process I think.
no, I don't think there's enough attachments with base stats for a db table

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:29 pm

I just counted 37. It's not much but I figured it would've been easier that way.

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:58 pm

So I pretty much have everything done for PUP AI wise. I have 28 Attachments working including their base stats applying to the auto when no maneuvers are present. I opted to code in in the core temporarily until an LUA script can be done to handle it. Also some attachments wipe all of one element to give a buff which I have left out until that function is available. I couldn't find the provoke/brener animation for mobskills so I just settled for the dust animation for strobe to indicate provoke and added the enmity in the script as another temporary solution. I'd say about 90% of it is as close to retail as possible with some minor changes to some of the skillchain properties to shortcut a solution to allow automaton skillchains. I need to make a few tweaks to ranged damage as I have created my own lua file specifically to calculate automaton WS damage/ranged attacks (since it's regarded as an ability) instead of using the mobweaponskill.lua. Here's an example of some of the attachments in action:
Attachments
img_20151020_125933.png
img_20151020_125132.png

tarumancer

Post by tarumancer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:34 am

Came across this thread while looking for details on the status on PUP development for DSP.

Hows this coming along? Will this be making it into the code base?

The prospects of playing PUP again have me very excited! :D

Edit: Just saw the additional thread going here

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2826&p=15857#p15857

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Here's a video showing off Stormwaker in action on my test server. Puppetmaster is already up and running on my public server (still in beta somewhat) just that the RDM/WHM/BLM heads haven't been introduced. I am about 2/3rds done and hopefully once Spiritreaver is done, I will my test server over to the public and also release access to the public:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfknFkWOt_o

420kushnite

Post by 420kushnite » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Any updates on this ?

Post by avatario » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:52 pm

Yes please whats the status of PUP?

cryfder1313

Post by cryfder1313 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:36 pm

I hope the final script gets added to the repository of DSP soon. Then we can all enjoy this wonderful job.

DanteMccloud

Post by DanteMccloud » Thu May 12, 2016 2:46 pm

bluesolarflare wrote:Here's a video showing off Stormwaker in action on my test server. Puppetmaster is already up and running on my public server (still in beta somewhat) just that the RDM/WHM/BLM heads haven't been introduced. I am about 2/3rds done and hopefully once Spiritreaver is done, I will my test server over to the public and also release access to the public:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfknFkWOt_o
Can't wait to see the code for this!! I'm hoping to use a lot of it to get trusts working on my server but I'm unsure on the how to really get the majority of the AI working. Can't wait, AWESOME JOB Bluesolarflare!
Expedition Gaming
IP Address: expeditiongaming.ddns.net
Server Forums: https://expeditiongaming.ga/forum/index.php
Discord: https://discord.gg/5kJbxCF
Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749730585295430
I host an array of game servers from FFXI (pre Abyssea), Tera, Arma3, FFXIV, SWG (pre-CU), BDO (v491)

GooGo135

Post by GooGo135 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Bluesolarflare,

Where do you currently stand on this? I will have having a significant amount of free time and would like to lend a hand with the coding.

Thanks!