Recent Change To Lobby Server

atom0s
Developer

Recent Change To Lobby Server

Post by atom0s » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Hello everyone,

Recently I made a change to the lobby server that would semi-properly handle content ids per-character better. This change adjusts the content IDs from a static growing number of (10000, 20000, 30000, 40000 etc.) to instead use your characters server id. Keep in mind with this change this means that when your server updates next and you login, you will lose all your macros and such.

The commit:
https://github.com/DarkstarProject/dark ... f57b000f67

Are my macros lost for good?

No, quite the opposite. After logging into your server that you normally play on, simply log out entirely.

Next, navigate to your Final Fantasy XI install folder, then into the USER folder, such as:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ffxi\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER

Inside here is a folder named 10000, this is the folder that FFXI normally stores all your character info inside of for a DarkStar server.
Copy all the contents from this folder.

Next, locate the most recently made folder. If you are unsure which folder is your characters new folder, you can try some things:
  • Try an offline inventory viewer to determine which character is which. Such as baggage. (https://github.com/atom0s/Baggage)
    • Note: Keep in mind, at this point, the folders labeled 10000, 20000, 30000, 40000 etc. are not important, ignore them!
  • Ask the server owner what your character id is for each character you want to restore the macros for.
Once you figure out which folder is your characters, paste the contents you copied from 10000 into that new folder.
Now when you login your macros should be restored.

My Other Characters Macros Are Gone

If you have multiple characters on your account, you will need to repeat the same steps for each one.
However, the root folder to copy from wont be 10000, it will be based on the slot of the character. Like this:

Copy the contents of that folder into the new character folder for your characters id and you are set!

But I Play On Multiple Servers...

Sadly, it is impossible to prevent some folders from being overwritten if you play on multiple servers. There is no central server to assign content IDs for all servers to use/share to prevent doubles from happening. This means that you have the potential to overwrite the data from one server if you play on others. You have the potential to overwrite character macros from retail as well.

I strongly encourage you to backup all your current folders inside of the USER folder to just be safe in case you need to restore them!