Changes to FOV exp and how you get pages r1695

cipherx
Developer

Changes to FOV exp and how you get pages r1695

Post by cipherx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:21 pm

If you read SVN rev1695 you will notice FOV is been redone to be almost same as retail here is the notes from the SVN log change,

CORE:
FOV - Phase 2 - BaseExp implemented, exp distance check implemented, Alliance
check no pages for Alliance until Alliance is fully fixed (FOV is for Party or
Solo play only)
Dyna - Crystals and Seals will no longer drop in Dyna, Alliance will no long get
exp chains, Party will still get Exp chains
Exp - you will not get exp from Alliance until Alliance is fully fixed and
alliance exp modifiers are done, until then you get 1exp per kill when in
Alliance

Now to explain to ppl that dont get things how this works on retail here is some info

BaseExp check on FOV, this is done Mob lvl against highest Player lvl in party so if you dont get this exp from MOB you will not get credit from Mob, just like retail nothing new there this is been part of exp calculations for years.

Distance check on FOV, this is same as normal exp if your far from the exp mob you will get this msg in the client and not get mob credit towards the page.

Alliance check on FOV, if your in alliance you will get 1exp from all mobs unless they NM's or HNM's when you get normal exp but for FOV you will not get any credit and this will be in effect until Alliance is fixed and we have proper exp calculations for alliance done.

So before you go complaining that things don't work or are broken check all as things been changed to what they are in retail aside from the alliance checks and as far I recall i don't remember any one exping in an alliance on retail so this should not be an issue.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Changes to FOV exp and how you get pages r1695

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:42 pm

... i don't remember any one exping in an alliance on retail so this should not be an issue.
Until Abyssea came along and let you have an alliance with a L60 and a bunch of L75+ pulling down 25-40k/hr easily :D

That really sent the collective player skill level into the tank.

cipherx
Developer

Re: Changes to FOV exp and how you get pages r1695

Post by cipherx » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 am

PrBlahBlahtson wrote:
...That really sent the collective player skill level into the tank.
well that happened long before Abyssea around 2006-2007 when ffxi was made available to the crowds via xbox360 and Abyssea just poisoned ffxi all together at the end and as you know this project is how things use to be and not what they are now so if someone likes to exp play in alliance I would suggest gong back to retail and everyone that wants things how they use to be back in the good old days stick around as we are just getting started...

RIP: ffxi Abyssea, and it was not the players that went into the tank on their own but rather SE made them go into the tank in the name of FFXIV but we all know how that went for them in the end. but if someone need a reminder here is a link http://www.gamezone.com/products/final- ... a-disaster

ps. back in the good old days we didn't need an alliance to pull 30-35k/hr but single party of skilled players, I only seen this once on test server we did 60k/hr right after chains were done, so all its in place but ppl just need to do their best and not wait for free exp from from bugs and exploits