TODO: Summoning Skill/Durations

Summoner
PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

TODO: Summoning Skill/Durations

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:16 pm

At some point, SE must have messed around with durations. I don't remember Aerial Armor and Earthen Ward having a base duration of 15 minutes, although that's what current wiki data shows. Probably should be investigated, eventually. Especially if changes are made so that Darkstar can be set to a certain "era." That's a long way off, though.

The scripts use "getMod(MOD_SUMMONING)" which I believe is just what you're wearing in gear, rather than what your stat is compared to your level cap. Might also cause problems with merits, which count toward "over cap" rather than raising the cap.

Some Wards currently are scripted to use the Summoning Magic skill duration. For example, Hastega will be extended if you're wearing skill gear. Some do not, such as Glittering Ruby.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Blood_Pact:_Ward for information.

The effects don't cap at the moment, either. I vaguely remember a cap at something like 450 or 500 skill. It was hard to actually do at L75, but it existed. I think I remember SE changing the cap some time after 2009/2010, so there's more investigation. (Edit: per link below, duration never exceeds 180 seconds for wards with a base duration < 180. Before that improvement, avatar accuracy and effect durations were shortened if skill < cap.)

Summoner is kind of still being implemented and all that fun, so I'm leaving this well enough alone. Just posting this as kind of a reminder if anyone goes digging for a "TODO" list. Investing energy at the moment seems kind of wasted, since it might all be re-written anyway.

Edit:
Title altered. Skill over cap should also improve avatar accuracy during rage pacts, which it currently doesn't appear to do. Exact values unknown.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff ... etail.html
Last edited by PrBlahBlahtson on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vanyel

Re: TODO: Summoning Skill/Durations

Post by Vanyel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm

[quote="PrBlahBlahtson"]At some point, SE must have messed around with durations. I don't remember Aerial Armor and Earthen Ward having a base duration of 15 minutes, although that's what current wiki data shows. Probably should be investigated, eventually. Especially if changes are made so that Darkstar can be set to a certain "era." That's a long way off, though.

The bulk of Wards are based on SMN skill, however, Aerial Armor and Earthen Ward have always been a static 15mins on retail. I only had Carby in beta so it may have been different in Japan before the NA release.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: TODO: Summoning Skill/Durations

Post by kjLotus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm

I'll keep this in mind when I have time to go over summoner stuff again, thanks