Dancer: Healing Waltz

Davenge

Dancer: Healing Waltz

Post by Davenge » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Beginning: This is my first contribution/making a patch with SVN. You'll have to forgive me if I've done something wrong. I deleted a lot of my own changes by hand to isolate these changes. Maybe messed things up, if someone knows of a better way, please tell me!!!

Meat: This is a bit of a light hack since there's no EFFECTFLAG_WALTZABLE anywhere that I could find. Anyway, with this patch, Healing Waltz will function as it should not just as the "Erase" spell.

Enjoy, Davenge
Attachments
healingwaltz.patch
healing waltz for dancer
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Dancer: Healing Waltz

Post by kjLotus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:57 pm

it looks okay, i think it'd just try and make a flag for it though, makes the status effect container method look nicer

wouldn't be too hard to add another bit to all the erasable ones with a bit of sql queries

Davenge

Post by Davenge » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:00 pm

yah, that's why I called it a hack. I couldn't figure out where the bits came from. If they were provided by the client or whatever. It's a massive project and I'm still muddling my way through where it. I'd obviously like to do it that way, for the reasons you specified. So, I will go back and have another crack.

EDIT: Nvermind, on it!

Davenge

Post by Davenge » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:53 pm

What is it they say about practice?

This one adds a new EFFECTFLAG, EFFECTFLAG_WALTZABLE. Added to the status_effects.sql where appropriate. Cleaned up the HealingWaltz() method.

Untested: will test when I am home from work and update appropriately.
Attachments
new_healingwaltz.patch
A better and more clean version, includes sql
(8.6 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 pm

thanks!

i'll get whasf to grab it after you test it. at a glance, the diff looks good, but i didn't double check any of the bit math. should show up quickly if you test different flags (erase, sneak/invisible, etc) :p

Davenge

Post by Davenge » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:51 pm

bored at work,just noticed a quick thing. I have my field of valor food clogging up the effect_table and didn't take it out of the patch. When I get home and testit,I'll upload a healingwaltz_final.patch, lol...

Davenge

Post by Davenge » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Okay, final version. No real change from the previous except my fov_foods not in there messing stuff up! All tested and working.
Attachments
healingwaltz_final.patch
(8.53 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Committed r4048
Thanks!
-- Whasf