Nov 4th Version Update NPC IDs & TextIDs

killeon

Nov 4th Version Update NPC IDs & TextIDs

Post by killeon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Patch #7:

-- New NPCIDs & TextIDs: Castle Zvahl Baileys, Castle Zvahl Keep, Toraimarai Canal, Uleguerand Range, Windurst Waters
--------------- New TextIDs: Altar Room, Balga's Dais, Dragon's Aery, Mhaura, Middle Delkfutt's Tower, Outer Horutoto Ruins, Qu'Bia Arena, Selbina, Upper Delkfutt's Tower, Waughroon Shrine, Windurst Woods

corresponding files: server.lua, npc_list.sql, treasure_spawn_points.sql

minor cleanup/text add on TextID luas for: Bearclaw Pinnacle, Boneyard Gully, Full Moon Fountain, Garlaige Citadel, Hall of the Gods, Lower Delkfutt's Tower, Mordion Gaol, Stellar Fulcrum, The Shrouded Maw, Throne Room, Western Altepa

1. Toraimarai - added default script to Marble Door
2. Uleguerand - added Eternal Ice lua & script
3. Western Altepa - added script to 4 Columns if they are already activated. Added default script for Altepa Gate & ability to be opened from inside. ffxiclopedia says it stays open for 30 secs but when I went on retail to verify, it stays open about 3 seconds. Also it's suppose to be untargetable when opened by the pillars but I didn't mess with that part.
Attachments
4 Nov IDs & Text patch #7.patch
(205.66 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Last edited by killeon on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:08 am, edited 8 times in total.

demolish
Developer

Re: Nov 4th Version Update NPC IDs & TextIDs

Post by demolish » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks!
Committed r4106
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

killeon

Post by killeon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks again! I'll just edit the original post and replace the file each time.
Last edited by killeon on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

demolish
Developer

Post by demolish » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Thanks!
Committed r4109
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.

killeon

Post by killeon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:52 pm

I edited the original post with a new patch but I don't know if you all could see the post change cause it's not showing this topic as having a change.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:41 pm

killeon wrote:I edited the original post with a new patch but I don't know if you all could see the post change cause it's not showing this topic as having a change.
i always browse by "view new posts" anyways so posting every time you update is good :)

gedads
Developer

Post by gedads » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:22 am

Hi,
1) "new point verified off retail. (Is there an easy way to get the pos or is it eyeball it over & over till you get it right?)"

2)Another question which I keep forgetting to ask. Why is the naming convention so weird for some of these IDs on npc_list? Like in Zeruhn ID 96 is '_4s1' but Utils says it's ship. Thanks.

1) do you capture pos in retail? if so, please tell me which area you intent to capture as we're actually recapturing all areas to fill missing npcs (there's a lot)with compmike so maybe we can share the load of work.
Also, there's a packet logger plugin to do it and with excel you can sort packets quickly enough.

2)when you have a special name (_4s1) like your example, keep that one because in some case it can prevent a door etc opening in a cs ( romaeve moongate, cd in lower delkuft, cs for divine might in la'off...) which were all bugged a while ago

PS: (_4s1) => 4s is base 36 , in base 10 it's zone 172. Sometimes with zones with a lot of doors etc you'll have 2 series like 09 then i9 , or castle zvahl kepp _4b then _mb. second serie is most of the time first digit +18 then convert in base 36 4+18 == 22 base 10 base 36 = m. then you keep the second like it is here b...

killeon

Post by killeon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:41 pm

kjLotus wrote:i always browse by "view new posts" anyways so posting every time you update is good :)
Good deal then, will do.
gedads wrote:do you capture pos in retail?
No, don't know how to. Thanks for the answers. My method is caveman style... by looking at it over & over, spinning camera, zooming in, taking screenshots, and then matching that position on dsp! It's not fast by any means. If there are tools then I'd love to help on capturing areas and share the workload. I'll try and speed up on these ID & text updates.

gedads
Developer

Post by gedads » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Use ashita and plogger. also infobar can give you the exact pos if you're not using packets (but not the rotation). Also, you'll not capture npcs involved in cs with that method (i used it to add all mobs from abyssea and it's 1 very long and 2 not that reliable).

killeon

Post by killeon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:08 am

New patch posted for IDs and textIDs.

I'll look for that plugin and familiarize myself with it gedads. Thanks for the good tip.