DSPWeb in need of Web Designer

ex0r

DSPWeb in need of Web Designer

Post by ex0r » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:31 pm

So, as many of you have been keeping up with, I am Ex0r, the author and developer of DSPWeb (formerly known as pxiweb). Over the last few months I have been hacking away at the code getting an updated system working, and I was just about to release the nearly finished version when something clicked 'This interface and layout is outdated, I need to update it'. Well, as unfortunate as it is, I am not a very good designer when it comes to websites. I have been doing the development of them for years, but have never taken the time to get the knack for designing them.

So, I am asking for anyone here who has web design experience to offer their help. I need somebody who knows how to design websites, and can work along side me (I will be doing the development side of the system), to help me develop a streamlined, and more modern layout for the dspweb system. Requirements and recommendations are listed below:

Requirements:

Must know XHTML/HTML4 and CSS (I am wanting to make the entire page mainly css driven, for speed and compatability)

Recommendations:

Photoshop and graphics design (making icons, logos, etc)
It would help if you know JavaScript or Java that can be used to add in some design elements on the site.
If possible, I would like to see some work you have done before, or are able to do

If you meet the above requirements, and are interested in helping, please contact me. I am looking to start this new revision very soon, and am just looking for a designer who can help me get the design and layout squared away. I already have the idea in mind as to what I want it to do, just need somebody who can help put it together.

ex0r

Re: DSPWeb in need of Web Designer

Post by ex0r » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 pm

BUMP

A little teaser as to what the new version is going to include:

Private messaging and friends system
regional map that shows players online
model viewer for viewing characters how they look currently (either a 3d model viewer, or a snapshot of all your equipment)

There are quite a few more features that I plan to implement, but need some help with the layout update.

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:50 pm

hrm...if no one mans up my gf goes to school for this stuff. Maybe I can talk her into doing this for experience. She has done several other sites. Though it sounded like you want some with years of knowledge.

jay.thirteen

Post by jay.thirteen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:04 am

I have the necessary skill to do this. I have been working with HTML XHTML PHP CSS etc for 2-3 hours a day spanning over about 8 years now. Java I do not write, modify as required - yes. Layout and overall 'prettyness' should be easy but, as for anything else I would require a bit of detail.

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:36 pm

jay.thirteen, I have sent you a PM with the specifics. I will be handling the PHP and SQL side of it, but the design and layout will need to be handled by you. I will give you all the details in the private message.

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm

kay.thirteen, I sent you a message, and heard no reply back. If you aren't interested let me know so I can move on to other people, please.

Suragata

Post by Suragata » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Im kinda interested in this, Id like to see whats required and i can come up with a mock-up for you to look at if you like. Im currently in college for similar reasons, but I can do css, xhtml, html5, and some js coding. I can do a bunch of things, just need to know what to do lol. email is jwhenry3@yahoo.com

Vincent

Post by Vincent » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:27 am

I fixed the logo, it was killing my eyes :lol:
didnt want to touch the original design though
Attachments
index.png

Vincent

Post by Vincent » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 am

I was bored so I made a favicon too
kept the server's icon and kept things blue
Attachments
favicon.png
favicon.png (3.35 KiB) Viewed 5197 times

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Thank you! Can you make the favicon an .ico file?
-- Whasf