DSPWeb in need of Web Designer

Vincent

Re: DSPWeb in need of Web Designer

Post by Vincent » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:11 pm

sure , you can do that easily here http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/

dont worry if you dont see it at first, even after erasing your cache/temp restarting, favicons are capricious creatures... sometimes they are instant, sometimes they take a few day lol

PS : had to add .txt at the end or they forum didnt allow me to upload, just remove .txt :)
Attachments
favicon.ico.txt
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Thank you!
-- Whasf

xipies

Post by xipies » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:08 am

Best editor I've used for .ico format is IcoFX. The last free version is 1.6.4, and can be found here
http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page40.html
or here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_icofx/6890/

Long ago I used ToYcon with drag and drop ease. I have no idea if it still works OK. :lol:
http://www.pngfactory.net/customxp/logitheque-41-1-telecharger-ToYcon.html

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Hmm it appears this thread got off topic. Anyone interested in helping me get dspweb redesigned?

Vincent

Post by Vincent » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:12 am

exOr I can get all the graphical things done, but i promised myself i would NEVER touch php/html EVER again, I made too many websites that drove me crazy int he past 15 years.

So, if you find a webdev i can make the visual ID of the site ;)

Suragata

Post by Suragata » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm

I can do html/css, not proficient in php though.

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:28 pm

I am the developer, i have been ever since. I just need somebody who can do the graphical side of it. I am a 7+ year proficient PHP developer, just never really cared to learn html and css.

Suragata

Post by Suragata » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Its odd that you went the php route as html and css is about the easiest thing to learn.

All you have to do is set class='name' within the html tag of a part of the page and then in css do this:

.name {
parameter:settings;

}

an example is this:

<table class='tb1'>
on the html side, then in the css file all you put is
table.tb1 {
border-top:1px solid black;
}
and it will add a solid black border to the table you specified.

the kicker is you have to add <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" />
to the header in the html file you are including the style on

This is just an idea of css on html

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Oh I know how to use CSS, it's just a matter of me having the drive/motivation to do so. PHP on the other hand, is entirely different. PHP is a pre-hyper text processor (hence PHP), that handles code before it's handed off to the HTML, and handles all kinds of stuff that HTML can't do.

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 am

Alright guys, the time has come.

I have been laying low for the last few months on DSP Web, mostly because I couldn't get enough interested in helping me with the design. (Which I am in no way shape or form capable of doing, I am a coder not a designer), but since DSP is coming along at a really rapid pace, I am ready to start development again.

I am posting this in reply to find somebody with graphics capabilities as well as HTML/CSS capabilities that is able to help me produce a professional looking and stylish layout to use for the new DSPWeb. So, if there is anybody here who is interested in helping out, please come forward, I beg of you. I spent alot of time working on the old system, and have a lot of awesome ideas for the new system, but cannot implement them without a newer layout. (I could technically do it, but I am not pleased with the old design anymore and refuse to work on it in it's state).

I am able to provide you with all the information needed, you will just have to work along side me in the design/html side of the project to help create the pages that need to be created for the new system.

If you don't want to post a reply on this thread, you can send me a PM, or email me directly for nearly instant reply at masteryoer [@] gmail.com