Windows 8

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
BeLe

Re: Windows 8

Post by BeLe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 pm

The new start menu is a little annoying, but only because I don't have a touchscreen and it's clearly designed with them in mind. It triggers the impulse to want to touch my screen.. but I stop myself before that translates to motion.
I like the new boot/wake/lock screen and I really like how quick it starts up, even on my 5400rpm HDD.
I haven't personally tested building/running a DSP server but I can't imagine it'd act much different compared to win7.
Overall I'm quite pleased with it compared to the Dev preview build that was released awhile back...

ik2012

Post by ik2012 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Awesome BeLe :D

WiiStream

Post by WiiStream » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 pm

I have windows 8 I hate it. 20 years we had the start menu, the simple things cmd took me a minute to find it. when i plug in my devices windows 7 knew what to do, windows 8 has no clue, windows 8 is not for a beginner. you have to know your way around the desktop. if you put a bluray or a dvd in your pc on windows 7 loads and plays, windows 8 dose nothing other then pops up a small screen at the top corner for like 3 seconds if you didnt see it, you missed it. and I have 3 screens so the corner is a pain in the ass to find my monitor i use is the center monitor and the corners are confused. you have to click 4 things befor you can even shut your pc down or restart it. windows 8 Sucks balls!