Armor or weapon stat changes

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
jaysunvzw

Armor or weapon stat changes

Post by jaysunvzw » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:28 am

I searched and could not find any info on this.

I play alone on a private local server.

I want to be able to adjust the stats of existing armor and weapons like damage and attack.

For example the Samurai AF equipment.

Does anyone know of a guide or be willing to create one.

Thanks it would be fun to adjust our favorite gear on these private servers.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Armor or weapon stat changes

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 am

DMG and Delay are stored in item_weapons
Most other behavior is handled in item_mods, unless it's part of a script, or handled in the core.

Druisk

Post by Druisk » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:09 pm

I found how to modify basic items. But what about Rare/ex ones? I can't find them in item_weapon or anywhere else.

Druisk

Post by Druisk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Nvm... Navicat was only showing the first 1000 items of the table. Found them.

Lacrima

Post by Lacrima » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm in the same situation. but I "play" to test the weapons/gear status.
So far I have found that most of them are broken, base player's status dont go up or down, attack stays the same along with defense. The main issue I'm having is how to correct them.
The file item_mods seems a bit unexplained on how to add the status bonuses or detritment status to gear/weapons.

joshr45

Post by joshr45 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 am

yes item_mods isn't straight forward but this is explained somewhere else in the forum and i might as well dump my text file here to make it easier

all you have to do is find the item number lets say you want to add stats to rusty dagger the ID is 16447, easy way to find id's go to www.ffxiah.com look for the item and in the address bar it will have the number.
then in item_weapons change the stats of 16447 to whatever you want that one is fairly self explanatory and then go into item_mods and add the itemid 16447 lets say you want to add attack so in the modId you add 23 and then how much attack you want you put in the value so it would look like this
16447 23 10 <- effectively adding 10 attack to a weapon, mind you the actual label in the game will not change you would have to do some .dat editing for that
Attachments
item_mods.txt
item_mods mod id's
(7.42 KiB) Downloaded 359 times

joshr45

Post by joshr45 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:22 am

on my server thats my GM weapon so i basically have every stat up high, i rarely get hurt my Skillchains do from 23000-63000 damage

you are able to add the weaponskills from the relic weapons onto any weapon by putting the proper modid and value
Attachments
Warezkid_2013.03.31_025736.png
this was back when adoulin was updated and attacks crashed the server, which is why it says "you cannot use the Tarutaru desk on the Genbu" that was mercy stroke.

amaranth

Post by amaranth » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:35 am

Sorry to bump this post. I'm trying to play around on a private server (I mostly do apperance dat mods) but I was trying to increase some values on weapons/armors and it just isn't working D:

I've tried editing the item_mods.sql in notepad then doing the execute batch file to update it in Navicat

I've tried editing the values in Navicat but nothing changes :(

For example I changed this:

itemID: 11281 modID:1 value:200

I should get an increase of 200 def when I equip this body but I don't.

Any ideas? :/

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:39 am

did you restart the server after changes? did you make sure to commit the changes in navicat (usually the checkmark at the bottom)?

amaranth

Post by amaranth » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:48 am

kjLotus wrote:did you restart the server after changes? did you make sure to commit the changes in navicat (usually the checkmark at the bottom)?

Ahhh ty. Nothing I read said anything about restarting the server. Here I was thinking I just needed to log out/in :) thanks it works now