What do these servers have to offer?

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
hakusho

Re: What do these servers have to offer?

Post by hakusho » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 am

That's why I'm wondering if anybody is currently looking into the DRG job at all or if it's too much of a hassle and very low on the priority list.

altalus

Post by altalus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 am

Well, there so many things to check and so little man power right now that I'm not sure if somebody is actively checking that job in particular. I would attack the BST job myself if I had time and knowlege (I lack both severely).

And the project is progressing nicely so, who knows right ?

Tarupron

Post by Tarupron » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 am

altalus wrote:Well, there so many things to check and so little man power right now that I'm not sure if somebody is actively checking that job in particular. I would attack the BST job myself if I had time and knowlege (I lack both severely).

And the project is progressing nicely so, who knows right ?
Are there bugs with BST? I should probably put those up in the main post, also could I get a more precise list of things wrong with DRG? I don't mean find every possible bug but just the ones known off the top of your head would be nice. For things like jobs and avatars that you can obtain it would be useful to know beforehand what aspects of it work and what don't, so people who bother to check the forums will know what to expect.

altalus

Post by altalus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:08 am

Tarupron wrote: Are there bugs with BST? I should probably put those up in the main post, also could I get a more precise list of things wrong with DRG? I don't mean find every possible bug but just the ones known off the top of your head would be nice. For things like jobs and avatars that you can obtain it would be useful to know beforehand what aspects of it work and what don't, so people who bother to check the forums will know what to expect.
For BST I know there is no Charm ability right now as there is no Charm.lua file. I have a small idea on how to create it but I ned to dig deeper in the core file to know if it is possible or not. And in the DB I don't see a flag to say of a mob is charmable or not.

Tarupron

Post by Tarupron » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 am

Alright so I added to the main post, added a new color to indicate working things that have bugs, just added BST in there, the list is looking great thus far, keep 'em coming!

Also, when it comes to bugs in missions, that is something not intended for this list. Bugs for things like BST not having Charm are important for the user to know before they even bother to unlock BST, so it will be included in the list. Other things I can think of at this exact moment would be Avatars not having one of their BPs, or when used it doesn't actually go off.

altalus

Post by altalus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:43 am

Tarupron wrote:Alright so I added to the main post, added a new color to indicate working things that have bugs, just added BST in there, the list is looking great thus far, keep 'em coming!

Also, when it comes to bugs in missions, that is something not intended for this list. Bugs for things like BST not having Charm are important for the user to know before they even bother to unlock BST, so it will be included in the list. Other things I can think of at this exact moment would be Avatars not having one of their BPs, or when used it doesn't actually go off.
Your list is a great idea but I wonder if a post/page in the wiki might not be better ? :)

Tarupron

Post by Tarupron » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 am

altalus wrote:
Tarupron wrote:Alright so I added to the main post, added a new color to indicate working things that have bugs, just added BST in there, the list is looking great thus far, keep 'em coming!

Your list is a great idea but I wonder if a post/page in the wiki might not be better ? :)
Well I can do both, I'm not too sure about how to do a wiki page though, I've never actually updated or created a page on any wiki before so you'll have to pardon my ignorance on that subject. I will however try, I have far too much spare time to kill.

altalus

Post by altalus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Tarupron wrote: Well I can do both, I'm not too sure about how to do a wiki page though, I've never actually updated or created a page on any wiki before so you'll have to pardon my ignorance on that subject. I will however try, I have far too much spare time to kill.
Lucky you :P I wish I had nothing to do so I could try my hand at the server seriously. For now it is a little bit of lua and simple c++ from a remote desktop at work between support tickets :-)

Tarupron

Post by Tarupron » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:08 pm

altalus wrote:
Tarupron wrote: Well I can do both, I'm not too sure about how to do a wiki page though, I've never actually updated or created a page on any wiki before so you'll have to pardon my ignorance on that subject. I will however try, I have far too much spare time to kill.
Lucky you :P I wish I had nothing to do so I could try my hand at the server seriously. For now it is a little bit of lua and simple c++ from a remote desktop at work between support tickets :-)
Haha, well not quite so lucky! I work midnights, last night and tonight are my nights off so since no one is around at those times I'm kind of left to my own thoughts and peace, which is quite nice. This just happens to have nice timing with the take off of the list, I wasn't expecting this kind of turnaround for a few days, let alone hours.

I've figured out how to make the wiki page, now by observing other pages I can pretty well figure out how to make those internal links to lower in the page and such, now to just dedicate the time.

Tarupron

Post by Tarupron » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:30 pm

The wiki page is complete! Kinda, it's incomplete but the bulk of it is there. Let me know if I missed anything, for now I am off to bed.

Wiki Page: http://kile.dyndns.info:8765/index.php?title=What_Works