Private servers Active Player List

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
Hitokiri

Private servers Active Player List

Post by Hitokiri » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 pm

Hello,

I am looking for a private server to play on that is lvl 75 cap, would like to have content up to ToAH.

What I would like to know is what servers are out there and the number of active players on daily around 7pm EST.
Please leave a comment about any server and how many active players.

Thank you,
Hitokiri

Karsh

Re: Private servers Active Player List

Post by Karsh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:25 pm

I only justs tarted playing on, but QuetzRebirth has alot of what you are looking for. 75 cap, working missions thru cop and some toau. I am not sure how many active players there are, so far I have seen 7-10 on , but these were not during peak times.

https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

Otherwise if you want the lots of working content and lots of players, go legionDark, but its 99 cap

Hasteja

Post by Hasteja » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:33 pm

FF Era is the most populated FFXI private server with 75 cap.
ffera.com

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Last I knew Nasomi had them beat number wise. Era recently had another server merge into them which might pushed them ahead. I had heard good things about that server so I hope the former staff went with the players in that move. Nasomi is a little stricter about its oldschoolness. LegionDark heavily customs post 75 to try and make 75-99 feel like oldschool 75 did. Your mileage may very with how appealing that is, for some its awesome, for others it just feels wrong.

Protip: no rule that says you can't testdrive multiple servers :)

And if someone really wants to play it like the old old old FFXI, whasf's server (you know, the official oldchool server? its even in the name!) is where its at

edit:
aaand just realized this thread was necrobumped, lol
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Hasteja

Post by Hasteja » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:57 pm

TeoTwawki wrote:Last I knew Nasomi had them beat number wise. Era recently had another server merge into them which might pushed them ahead. I had heard good things about that server so I hope the former staff went with the players in that move. Nasomi is a little stricter about its oldschoolness. LegionDark heavily customs post 75 to try and make 75-99 feel like oldschool 75 did. Your mileage may very with how appealing that is, for some its awesome, for others it just feels wrong.

Protip: no rule that says you can't testdrive multiple servers :)

And if someone really wants to play it like the old old old FFXI, whasf's server (you know, the official oldchool server? its even in the name!) is where its at

edit:
aaand just realized this thread was necrobumped, lol
Nasomi doesn't beat Era anymore. For quite awhile actually. During weekends Nasomi peaks around 80-90 during weekends while Era has around 140-170. Their website says online players 300 but its kinda deceiving it means online players for the whole day.

When I started on Era two years ago we peaked around 120-130. Since then their population have gone up and down. Gained some players lost some players. The servers they merged with were kinda like 30-40 player servers at peak times but it did certainly help boosting their numbers. But I think same can be said for Nasomi. Nasomi was gaining players slowly, but stopped gaining players while they still lost players. That explains why they only have 80-90 at peak. I remember there was a time that Nasomi also peaked at 130-150 during weekends.

Would be awesome if both joined forces, but i don't think it will ever happen because Era and Nasomi have different goals as a FFXI 75 server. Era has 75 with a twist, some custom warps and stuff. Nasomi is 75 with 1x exp rate as retail as possible. I also think Nasomi lost players because there aren't many players at 75. I logged onto Nasomi today at 7 PM EST and they only had 10 players at level 75 online.

Nasomi is a pretty nice server and they have some awesome website features like AH. They've done some nice stuff. maybe players might be scared away because they have strict rules though. Windower i almost banned with Tparty is pretty much the only thing that's allowed. You're not allowed to use things like Luacast/SpellCast, or other super advantageous plugins. I'm not sure why SpellCast/Luacast is banned on Nasomi, it was a pretty popular plugin even as far as 2005.

Edit: woops, didn't realise that I was responsible for the necro bump. I thought it was a recent post.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Its cool. And I have been laughing at claims server make here and on the wiki since forever so nothing surprises me. They did pass 200 at one point though. Their wiki info claims 1200, which I surmise has been an unnoticed typo.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:28 pm

I cannot claim to know anything about other servers.

However, Nasomi boasts 200-400 offpeak/peak. Sure, we have strict rules. I don't deny it. But to ensure everyone has a level playing field. Or as level as possible. Some cheats/hacks sneak through the radar, but are short lived. The spirit is ffxi at it's peak, 2005. Now, not all is possible to recreate perfectly, but we're working hard. Plugins, addons, etc. are mostly detectable. A common guy once said policing players is not an effective use of your time, try coding for exceptions. And that has been try ever since.

However, if perks or acclerated xp or addons are your thing, by all means, Nasomi may not be your cup of tea. Not eveyrone has the free time to blow these days on ffxi. However nasomi markets to the minority, to the grinders. There's no way to judge the way you play or the playstyle you prefer. The nasomi server welcomes you if you fit into the rules. However if you fit into the rules of another server, or another playstyle, by all means, the best of luck^^

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:21 am

Well said.