Ashita Item Creation

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
buddysievers

Ashita Item Creation

Post by buddysievers » Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi and hello,
its been a while since i used this forums and im not sure if im allowed to ask
that kind of question here but dont have any idea where else i could ask.
I play on the Eden server for now 4 weeks and i met someone who i play with alot every day.
Today we both were in Whitegate and started the quest which needs an parchment and a jar of black ink.
A little bit later he send me a trade request and when i accepted it he traded me 2x valkurm sunsand and 2x jar of black ink.
I know for sure he didnt farmed the items before and he didnt bought them from AH since i was with him all the time.
When i asked him where he got the stuff from he answered with "cant tell you. everything gets logged here".
My only clue is that he is using that addon which allows to access the AH from everywhere in the zone.
I fear that he somehow injected the items and that not only him but my chars could get banned from that action.
So is there a way to actually create items out of nowhere on private servers or did he just used that addon to access the AH and bought them?!
To make that clear if there is an addon which gives you the force to create items out of nowhere i dont want it myself!
Im just curious how he did that and if i should be aware of him cheating or if it was just that AH addon which is still considered cheating on Eden but at least i wont have to fear about my chars at all.
Sorry for my bad english and thx in advance for any helpfull answers!

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Ashita Item Creation

Post by whasf » Tue May 07, 2019 7:17 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to do that. We don't have much in the way of anti-cheat or server-side validation.
-- Whasf

buddysievers

Post by buddysievers » Tue May 07, 2019 7:38 pm

whasf wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:17 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to do that. We don't have much in the way of anti-cheat or server-side validation.
He just said Ashita makes it possible.
I was searching for an addon which does that but i could not find something so far.
I dont want to report him but on the other hand im not sure to take any items from him again...

Does the server check if the inventory data which is stored inside a dat in the POL folder is the same as in the database?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed May 08, 2019 8:10 am

The server doesn't read the client files whatsoever.
-- Whasf

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri May 10, 2019 7:16 am

Its possible they are on an older core that was lacking the protection against injecting data into a trade packet.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS