Isn't it crazy?

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
radical dreamer

Isn't it crazy?

Post by radical dreamer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I think it's crazy that mining/excavating was never considered a craft, in that you can't level it up. I mean it would take a lot of strength to do such work, and you'd think you'd eventually get better at it, but no. You have just the same amount of chance of getting crap or nothing, as anyone else, no matter how many millions of times you've done it. :P

And supposedly chocobo digging is skillable, but how does that make sense? You have a different chocobo almost every time, if you are renting. :P

gamer7542
Developer

Re: Isn't it crazy?

Post by gamer7542 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:10 pm

As for the chocobo, it's more your skill in handling the chocobo that rises; all the chocobo's have the same inherent ability to dig. It's unfortunate that SE has never really put out any information on chocobo digging though...

I do totally agree with you about mining/harvesting/logging; that would have solved so many issues with RMT. Maybe that's something we could attempt to incorporate into our servers as an option.

Anthos

Post by Anthos » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:04 pm

I thought I read somewhere a few years back that they were leveleable just that that it was hidden and that if you did something as you zoned into moghouse your skill levels for mining/logging/gardening ect would briefly pop up. But that could just be BS! Although I was a keen gardener, it did seem that the more I did it the better the results from gardening would be, so there might be some truth in what I read.

sprinkle

Post by sprinkle » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:51 pm

you couldnt dig on a rented chocobo on live

and you had to breed a chocobo for digging , so the more you spent skilling the choco better he was , thats kinda leveling , but yea no skill