ZMQ merged to master

nasomi

Re: ZMQ merged to master

Post by nasomi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:34 pm

I'm deploying 5 servers: City, Outdoor, Dungeon, BCNM/Dynamis, and Other. Updating the zoneip's in the db. The plan is to deploy during saturday's maintenance.

When setting up port forwarding in the router, do all ports go to lobby server? Then it routes to misc game servers? Or is there port configuration required as well? Say my game servers are at 10.0.0.101-105 with lobby at 10.0.0.100. I don't have a real way to test with external clients without testing in prod, which i'd like to avoid.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:59 pm

well, you'd have to have the appropriate ports opened for each of the game servers so the clients can reach them
-- Whasf

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 pm

your port forwarding table for the game servers would look exactly like whatever you put into your zone_settings table - the lobby server does not route incoming player packets, all it does it route packets between game servers

nasomi

Post by nasomi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:18 pm

I got it now.

Threw together a zone_settings script generator that will update the table with your ip ports of specific servers for those that want to use multiple. Just change the ip and ports as you see fit and the formulas will update.

All the areas are updated with the type of area: City, Outside, Dungeon, BCNM, Endgame, Misc. Misc is used for any area post ToAU or noname zones. You can update Server, Port, External IP, Server Port to generate your own.
Attachments
FFXI Zoneid Generator.xlsx
(27.26 KiB) Downloaded 355 times