DSP and Windower

kjLotus
Special Guest

DSP and Windower

Post by kjLotus » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:50 pm

After a bit of collaboration with the Windower team, Windower now (finally) works with DSP servers.

To get started, download Windower 4 over at http://windower.net, and get the latest xiloader.exe from https://github.com/DarkstarProject/xilo ... es/latest/.

Drop xiloader.exe to your SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer folder (the same one that has pol.exe in it).

After that, run windower.exe in its own folder to download all the necessary stuff. Open settings.xml with an editor (or open windower and create some profiles first), since the options we need to add are not in the GUI. You'll need to add <executable>xiloader.exe</executable> to every profile, as well as <args></args> with your arguments (server, user, etc.).

As an example, here's one of my local profiles:

Code: Select all

<profile name="local">
    <consolekey>Insert</consolekey>
    <mipmaplevel>6</mipmaplevel>
    <uiscale>1</uiscale>
    <supersampling>2</supersampling>
    <bumpmapping>true</bumpmapping>
    <args>--user kjLotus</args>
    <executable>xiloader.exe</executable>
  </profile>
After that, you should be able to select your profile from the launcher and play using Windower 4!

Please note that on Windower's side, it's only kind of supported - that means asking for support from us before them if you have a problem that is specific to private servers.

Thanks, and happy HNM camping!

tagban

Re: DSP and Windower

Post by tagban » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 am

w00t

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue May 26, 2015 11:21 pm

Just mentioning because some ppl have recently been pains in the rear about it:
Windower allow you to specify both the path to the exe and the exe's file name, but certain 3rd party stuffs expect it to be named pol.exe this still does not require renaming the original SE pol.exe you can have your xiloader anywhere, and it will still work, and windower itself does not require it to be renamed - only that 3rd party stuff, if you use it.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Thu May 28, 2015 5:09 pm

teotwawki wrote:Just mentioning because some ppl have recently been pains in the rear about it:
Windower allow you to specify both the path to the exe and the exe's file name, but certain 3rd party stuffs expect it to be named pol.exe this still does not require renaming the original SE pol.exe you can have your xiloader anywhere, and it will still work, and windower itself does not require it to be renamed - only that 3rd party stuff, if you use it.
3rd party stuff as in add-ons and plugins? I recently switched over from Ashita and haven't had any issues running the game. Some of the add-ons / plugins act up but nothing serious.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu May 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Desufire wrote:3rd party stuff as in add-ons and plugins? I recently switched over from Ashita and haven't had any issues running the game. Some of the add-ons / plugins act up but nothing serious.
Just certain specific things, like some whm curebot ppl use.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

KOSMOS

Post by KOSMOS » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:02 pm

teotwawki wrote:
Desufire wrote:3rd party stuff as in add-ons and plugins? I recently switched over from Ashita and haven't had any issues running the game. Some of the add-ons / plugins act up but nothing serious.
Has anyone figured out the reason for this? Is it only on DSP servers or retail as well?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:46 am

KOSMOS wrote:
teotwawki wrote:
Has anyone figured out the reason for this? Is it only on DSP servers or retail as well?
Its because said 3rd party stuff is specifically looking for a process with the name "pol.exe" and not "pol.exe OR xiloader.exe".

Both windower and ashita look for whatever name you tell them in the profile configuration, so they don't have that prob themselves.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:01 pm

teotwawki wrote:
KOSMOS wrote:
teotwawki wrote: Just certain specific things, like some whm curebot ppl use.
Its because said 3rd party stuff is specifically looking for a process with the name "pol.exe" and not "pol.exe OR xiloader.exe".

Both windower and ashita look for whatever name you tell them in the profile configuration, so they don't have that prob themselves.
So far everything I use works. I get spammed a bit during load in with "file doesn't exist" but they work regardless. I'm still playing around with the settings and stuff though.

Misermurphy

Post by Misermurphy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 pm

I just tried to download xiloader and Norton blocks it any idea why

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Misermurphy wrote:I just tried to download xiloader and Norton blocks it any idea why
norton probably doesn't like function hooking