Fishing database update

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Fishing database update

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:25 pm

maxtherabbit wrote:I experimented with making the old fishing mini game (without the arrows) work

you can get it to work, but after the end of fishing, the client's target HUD breaks until log off :cry:
aww. Thats my fave version too. The old old "no minigame at all" version at least is pretty easy to rig up, for folks that want to. Goldfish scooping uses a near identical system too. (part of the yearly summer event, which isn't to far away in retail atm)
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Lacrima

Post by Lacrima » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:22 pm

I asked if instead of fighting the fish to deplete the stamina, I could just put the stamina of the fish has 0 to avoid the fight and the UI of fish fighting, basically the same thing has fish bot does. Sending a message saying that the fish is already at 0 stamina and there is no need to fight anymore.

maxtherabbit
Developer

Post by maxtherabbit » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 am

Lacrima wrote:I asked if instead of fighting the fish to deplete the stamina, I could just put the stamina of the fish has 0 to avoid the fight and the UI of fish fighting, basically the same thing has fish bot does. Sending a message saying that the fish is already at 0 stamina and there is no need to fight anymore.
what you're talking about would basically be the same as the old old no-minigame system teo was referencing above

Lacrima

Post by Lacrima » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:25 pm

yes thats the one I was talking, never thought that fishing got another update minigame <.<; :ashmed:

Lacrima

Post by Lacrima » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:44 pm

So how do I do it? Where and what I need to download/edit to get that vintage feeling of fishing like the old old days?

Ardon

Post by Ardon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Trying to get some idea of the state of fishing code is, but this is the only thread touched for a long time. Anyone know what's up with it?