Adjusting damage for minimal population

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Adjusting damage for minimal population

Post by kjLotus » Wed May 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Xephyr wrote:I believe I found the issue. The value of the modid may have been too high, or it could be that it was positive at all (I only had it set to 10 before). Maybe MOD_DMG can only be negative. Other mobs had 160 set, with -50 no less, and were not causing a problem. I am going to poke around a bit more and will post my results. Hopefully my findings will be useful to others.
pay special attention to the "type" column if you're messing with mob mod tables - value 1 means it's a MOBMOD, and value 0 means it's a regular MOD. if you mix them up, you'll get really crazy things happening (or, if you put a high number MOD as value 1, you get out of range, since MOBMOD only goes up to like 30)

Xephyr

Post by Xephyr » Wed May 21, 2014 7:21 pm

That was it. Wasn't sure what the type was for. As soon as I changed to using 0, no more out of bound error. Now I just need to figure out the best adjustment, and figure out the best way to apply it. Thanks for all of the help everyone!

Xephyr

Post by Xephyr » Wed May 21, 2014 10:17 pm

The good news is, editing the mods for damage against monsters is really easy. Editing the mods by family type seems the best at first attempt. Adjusting damage to PC characters is not so simple. There doesn't seem to be a table for applying mods to characters directly, everything needs to be done through equipment and buffs. This is unfortunate, but not the end of the world. I am going to look into adding multipliers to characters stats next to circumvent having to mess with the giant list of equipment.

Keldegar

Post by Keldegar » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Yeah, adjusting mob_family_system is easy to adjust damage dealt.

Not sure how to reduce damage dealt by the mobs.