Settings.lua changes won't take affect

Dragus

Re: Settings.lua changes won't take affect

Post by Dragus » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm pretty sure I had the external IP set right. Mine was 68.48.146.37 and I put it in backwards on that one website and entered the value into the query in the database. That's all I really need to change right?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:40 pm

was there anything happening in your lobby and map server consoles or logs while he tried to log in?
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Dragus

Post by Dragus » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:43 pm

No I don't think so. When he launched it wouldn't even bring up the options 1 and 2 to login/create an account. It would come up with the darkstar launcher and then say failure to connect to server and close.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Well if nothing is in the lobby server console or its log (log is just the console recorded to a text file) then its not the zone setting IPs because he never even made it to the map server.

Possible reasons for not getting connected with the lobby include: firewall issues, port forwarding issues, permission issue (run as admin to resolve), client not set up properly, using wrong IP on his end, and rarely version related issues can arise. Might be more, that's just what I can think of off top of my head.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

Dragus

Post by Dragus » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:53 pm

I dont think it's his client, we can connect to other private servers fine. I opened all the ports in the router, however I'm not sure if I did the hairpin hack in it...

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Be careful not to leave hairpin on while trying to connect to external IPs.

Dragus

Post by Dragus » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Problem solved, forgottenandlost helped me a ton! My modem was being a pain in the butt with ports

Cyprus

Post by Cyprus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:38 am

Vivitaru wrote:Globals are loaded only once, if you have an updated version of the map server, you can use @reloadglobal settings to refresh the changes. Thanks to whoever implemented that, was very useful! :)
Sorry to revive an old thread...just having an issue with changes to settings.lua not working. Do I need to open visual studio & rebuild the server after changes? Or do I need to rebuild the server then use the @reloadglobal settings command after? Where exactly do I need to enter that command (is it in game as GM or is it done from mysql)? Do I need to rebuild at all?

Any help would be much appreciated. I have no issue when changing foods & rebooting the server, they always work as intended. But I tried to change the allowed amount of BRD songs as well as the duration & restart the server but nothing changed.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:29 pm

one of the reasons lua scripts are used is so that you don't have to rebuild anything

any command that starts with @ is a GM command from in game

if you change something in settings.lua, you probably only have to @reloadglobal settings (worst case just restart the map server, but i don't think there are any that you have to do that for)

Cyprus

Post by Cyprus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:36 pm

I figured it was GM because of the @ symbol...I will try that command tonight when I get home. It's just odd because I have restarted the server each time I have made changes & have had no issues with things not taking effect until trying to change the BRD song settings. Since I know all of the people on my server IRL, it hasn't been an issue to just restart anytime I change something. So unless there is something wrong with the settings.lua for BRD songs, I'm hoping the command will fix things...