Setting up a new server. Solved

Sayuri

Setting up a new server. Solved

Post by Sayuri » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi, I've been trying for the past few hours to set up a new server for my friends and I to play in.
Everything was ok, building the server itself went fine, installing FFXI went fine too, then when I got to Ashita to connect for the first time, I turned off firewalls and tried to connect with my public IP in the boot command with --hairpin and Pol.exe just crash. I switched to local IP with and without Hairpin, same issue.
Here is a Screenshot with both Game/connect server and Ashita http://imgur.com/C8mkiRv
I've checked on the forums and wikis for a similar problem, just couldn't find one.
I did recheck files on POL and everything is fine, and I don't see something that could point me to a solution with my meager newb skills in everything related on the server workings.

hopefully someone had a similar case as mine and I'm pretty sure it's something that passed under my nose >.< .

Thanks.
Last edited by Sayuri on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Setting up a new server.

Post by kjLotus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:05 pm

the only advice I can offer is to make sure that your ashita is updated. I don't really recommend using it since most of us don't (or can't) use it anymore and use Windower instead, since I can actually help with that

Sayuri

Post by Sayuri » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:19 pm

So, after getting in with Windower, I'm getting stuck to the loading data + error 3001 which the solution in the wiki is to wait a few minute.
After 3 time trying in intervals of 5-10 min, couldn't get past the 3001 error.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:54 pm

the clients error messages are not that helpful, you should check your servers console output

Sayuri

Post by Sayuri » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:31 pm

Here is a screenshot of both Game and Connect servers after getting said error http://imgur.com/LZBZmiX .

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 pm

no messages on the game server means your login server didn't send you to the right IP: what is the IP in your zone_settings and your boot arguments? are your ports forwarded?

Sayuri

Post by Sayuri » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:40 pm

I knew it was something silly like me not port forwarding :roll: .
Thanks a lot for your time !