Query for zone_settings

cbk41

Query for zone_settings

Post by cbk41 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:26 am

So after setting up several machines with a client/server tandem a while back successfully, I've failed on doing so for a friend and here recently on an older XPS laptop. I believe several times now I've failed to return any kind of changes with the query from the "Configure the ZoneIP for the map server" part of the wiki.

I simply get 0 columns affected and I'm not quite sure what I am habitually doing incorrectly. I believe this was the case on my friends computer a few months ago as well. Is there any kind common error that would net this result?

atom0s
Developer

Re: Query for zone_settings

Post by atom0s » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:05 am

The default IPs that are automatically set in the database are 127.0.0.1 so if you just ran the same command, it wont do anything since it has nothing to update.

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:10 am

Thanks for that clarification and quick response! At least I know that's not been my problem. It's pretty disheartening to have to sit through the POL updates multiple times though :cry:

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:57 pm

cbk41 wrote:Thanks for that clarification and quick response! At least I know that's not been my problem. It's pretty disheartening to have to sit through the POL updates multiple times though :cry:
Download the newest collection ISO then, it will have the most updates so far of the game. It should help reduce the update time if you are doing a fresh install.

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:35 am

atom0s wrote:
cbk41 wrote:Thanks for that clarification and quick response! At least I know that's not been my problem. It's pretty disheartening to have to sit through the POL updates multiple times though :cry:
Download the newest collection ISO then, it will have the most updates so far of the game. It should help reduce the update time if you are doing a fresh install.
I have the abyssea 2008 version purchased off amazon so I have been using that. I'll see what I can find of the newer collection for sure though. I did a trial run and all my severs went up and were stable with no hitch, but I kept getting the 10093 error frustratingly enough. I'm assuming the best course of action is to do a reinstall and re-patch, yes?

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:07 pm

You can find the Ultimate Collection (Seekers) installation on The Pirate Bay that Nasomi has made for his server. The installation should work fine, just skip the steps that are specific to playing on his server.
Search for:
ffxi ultimate

And grab the one uploaded by: nasomi00

At this moment it has the most seeds (15 as of this post).

tagban

Post by tagban » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:29 pm

I actually posted one a long time ago as well, its literally the exact rip of Amazon's installer for it, and I included a small zip file (its a patch zip file) to drag into the rom folders which lets it force an update.

Final_Fantasy_XI_Ultimate_Collection_Seekers_Edition_FFXI (Search)

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Got it and running the file repair right now. Thanks guys! Will post again if I have any more trouble.

cbk41

Post by cbk41 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:59 am

I wonder if it's a launcher Problem. mxi is giving me 10093 error (after a faint semblance of a window trying to pop up) and ashita is just closing on me. anyone know where I can get get a link to ffxi boot that is up? it's what has worked for me in past installations.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:24 am

Use Ashita v2, it comes with the latest boot loader we use for DSP. Be sure you run as an administrator when you start Ashita as well.