NM's Spawning in multiple zones

mizzy

NM's Spawning in multiple zones

Post by mizzy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:23 pm

*Edit* I realize it was my fault on the spawn time of Dark Ixion

Is it possible right now to have an NM spawn in multiple zones? In particular i'm talking about Dark Ixion. As he can pop 20-24 hours and after 15 minutes despawns and spawns in another zone. Is there a function or mod, ect. that will allow me to script this? I've been trying to search for an alternate mob that may do this but i cant think of 1 that works. In the NM spawn sql. I see that there is multiple x y z for the same mob but doesn't include zone and im not even sure that it handles this in that way.

*Edit* While re-reading it, it will go to another zone im still curious as to how this would be scripted without someone doing the work. Say i put him on a timer of 20-24 hours. He spawns and no one bothers so he depops after 15 min would i just create a servervar or localvar that would help me in making him spawn in alternate zones? Because otherwise you would have the same script in multiple zones wouldnt the db get confused as to what zone he should be popping?

So any hints would be helpful. I'm still trying to find my way around the code.

Thanks Mizzy
Last edited by mizzy on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

shadowuz

Re: NM's Spawning in multiple zones

Post by shadowuz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:36 pm

dark ixion was a 24 hr pop timer http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Ixion , not sure if its possible or not but can try having it get mob id in the spawn script for multiple zone

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Best bet is to set a server var as the zone it should pop in, and having Dark Ixions script check the server var for when to spawn. Hook the TICK event that I just added, then check if its despawned, then check if the server var is equal to the current zone, then spawn it if it is.

mizzy

Post by mizzy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Awesome, Thanks so much to the both of you!

Mizzy