MHMU is a private non-profit FFXI server. We are a 75 cap server with custom changes to make the experience we had in retail a bit more enjoyable for a low pop server. We have players mostly in US and EU but have a couple of players in APAC and growing. More or less there is always a handful of people on all day and during US/EU prime time, we currently average about 20+ players and growing (as of 12/6/16)
We played on other private servers and felt that development stalled out, too many things were broken, or GMs just didn't care after they gave themselves everything. On top of that, most private servers are low pop and not many people on to kill HNMs, or do content, or even have an economy for those who love crafting. (Really?) So we got tired of waiting around to get things done and fixed that we made MHMU.
At the end of the day, we will do what our population wants. Things too easy or hard? Make a forum post and put it up for discussion! If enough people agree, we will make it happen to the best of our ability!
Learn more about all of our changes on the forums. Feel free to message a GM if you have any questions or hop on our Discord.
If you're interested in playing on our server, click the "New Players" link at the top and click "Player Registration" above to apply!
Once approved, you will receive an email. Make sure you accept the invitation to MHMU and then go to the forum and follow the install guide.
If you are looking to server transfer, we have a process in place for that as well! Check out the forum post regarding that.
Midnight is based on EST.
- LVL Cap: 75.
- All areas up to WoTG accessible.
- Player Run Speed: 3x retail.
- All jobs have Widescan from level 1.
- All mobs that can drop gil will drop a little more than what you're used to
- Healing Ticks: Slightly faster than retail.
- HNM timed and spawnable
- Sneak/Invisible 10x retail duration.
- No Dyna wait timer
- No Midnight/3-5 day wait time for AF/Relic
- Explorer Moogle to/from Starting Cities, Selbina, Mhaura
- Dual-boxing allowed! Only 1 alt.
- Quested Weaponskills Unlocked at Required Skill Level.
- Nation Missions: Up to Rank 6. Rank 10 Sandy Confirmed
- All ZM and COP Missions
- COP Level Cap removed
- Can own 5 DM earrings and all 3 CoP rings
- ToAU Mission: Up to Mission 13 - The Black Coffin - Up to but not including BCNM
- WoTG Missions: Up to Mission 3 [To be confirmed]
- XP Rate: 5x retail
- XP Loss: Same as retail
- Fame Rate: 10x retail
- Skill ups: 10x retail (Will be reduced over time)
- Crafting Skill ups: 5x retail. (Will be reduced over time)
- Crafting day/direction/moonphase: Do not affect crafting results
- Can earn up to 99 Mertis. No need to go back to spend them if you grind it out.
- 5x FoV/GoV Tab Rate
- 5x FoV/GoV Exp Rate
- 50% Increase to Weapon Skill Potency - Special Modifiers for Relic/Mythic.
- 20% Increase to Magic and Item Potency
- All maps unlocked
- All Outpost Warps unlocked
- 80 Mog Safe/Mog Bag/Mog Storage/etc Inventory Space
- 1,000,000 gil ONLY FOR MAIN CHARACTERS. Server Xfers do not count toward this.- PM or /tell a GM to get it.
- Chocobo Shirt and Destrier Beret
- Treat Staff II
- Nexus Cape
- Buy back of items below 100k enabled. 100k+ item buy back on player request.
- Other items will be added depending on population needs/requests.
- Speaking with airship/boat timekeeper NPCs at the docks will teleport you to your destination for all connections. If it does not, please open a bug report.
- Metalworks: Since the elevators are derpy, speaking with Helmut (old man downstairs from the elevators) will teleport you up top and speaking with Izabele (female outside of Cid's workshop) will teleport you down.
- Relic weapons have increased modifiers and increased Aftermath duration to 30/60/90 for 1k/2k/3k TP.
- Got a relic and want to try a mythic? What if you tried it and wanted your relic back? Swap back and forth! Limited to once a week!
- PW In testing
- Learn how to get an Iridal/Chatoyant Staff here.
- Salvage gear - Obtainable! Find out more once you apply!
- Einherjar gear - TBD on how to obtain
- Convert merits to zeni!
- Non-Rare/EX items returned to popular NMs
- Race Change once a month
- Earn unobtainable items such as Einherjar/Assault/Nyzul/etc from points earned from events/recruitment.