[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Darkstar Project forums - View topic - Attempting to create a new custom item
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Attempting to create a new custom item 

I've been playing around with attempting to create my own custom item. Just to see if I could. I followed the guide for adding an item as best as I could but something seems to have gone wrong and I was wondering if you could tell me where i err'd.

Im using the stable branch, if that matters.

First thing i did was located an empty spot in Item_basic. there was a sizable gap around itemID 20000, so I used that. I wanted to create a pair of pants for walking around town in, something that could be worn by any class, wearable at level 1, cant sell on the AH, and looks like Black Slacks (itemID 12865). Anyway I created the item in Item_basic, Picture included.

Then I created the item in Item_armor like the guide hinted at. Picture included

And lastly I added the item in item_mods. Picture included

After that shut down the server and booted it back up (just in case that was required) loaded back in and attempted to add my new item to my inventory. I've included a picture of the result. I get an item thats name is only a single period, I expected the help text to be blank, but i did not expect the item to not be equip-able. Can anyone see what mistake i made?

Attachments:
AddItemResult.PNG
AddItemResult.PNG [ 335.99 KiB | Viewed 295 times ]
ItemMods.PNG
ItemMods.PNG [ 13.73 KiB | Viewed 295 times ]
ItemArmor.PNG
ItemArmor.PNG [ 20.14 KiB | Viewed 295 times ]
ItemBasic.PNG
ItemBasic.PNG [ 19.73 KiB | Viewed 295 times ]
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:12 am
Developer

Because that information is in your clients dat files not just the server. The client doesn't get the item name and helptext from the server, Square Enix didn't design it that way (it would be sending more data in a game originally designed to be played on dialup internet).

Attachments:
custom items.jpg
custom items.jpg [ 113.24 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]