DSP Web interface

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
ex0r
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

DSP Web interface

Post by ex0r » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 am

Hello, my name is [Ex0r], and some of you who are familiar with PXI may know me. I was one of the lead developers for tools for PXI when it was around. I also maintained the website and the wiki and forums.

I was in charge of working on a project called PXI-Web, which was a web interface for PXI accounts. Well, I found the original source for it, and decided to port it to DarkStar, so I now present to you, my new WIP:

Please note, that this was originally made for PXI, so any references to PXI need to be changed over. Also note, that alot of it currently doesn't work, but it's a live demo and is being worked on every single day, so just check back later and see if it's working.

Feel free to post any bugs in this forum, but please read the 'WHATS WORKING' and 'WHATS NOT WORKING' before submitting bugs.

Live Demo: http://ex0r.dyndns.org:81/~pxiweb/ (You can use your dspt public server info to login, or create a new account for testing)

WHATS WORKING:
Login is 100% working, so you can login and store your login credentials
Registration is 100% working, so you can create a new account
Character view - Only the main character view page is working (The page that shows your characters you have on your account)
Character creation is 100% working

WHATS NOT WORKING:
Everything else!

I will update this forum as more stuff works, please give me your feedback and please report any bugs so I can get them working!
Last edited by ex0r on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whasf
Site Admin
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by whasf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Great! :)
-- Whasf

link
Developer
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by link » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:54 pm

This is a great tool. What happened, seems to be down?

ex0r
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by ex0r » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 am

It should be back up and running now. I am hosting it on my home connection as a test server, and my net was down for the last couple of days.

ex0r
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by ex0r » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:53 pm

I have an update for you to show you what is currently working. I am doing a live-server test on it and working on it from there, so what is implemented on the live server is what's implemented in DSP-Web. What features would you guys like to see? Now is the chance to give me your insight before the first release or it may be a while before it makes it in!

http://46.4.145.234/ use demo/demo as the username/password to log in and try the system out!

thrydwolf
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 am

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by thrydwolf » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks ex0r! Looks great so far.

I think some great features would be some options to fix stuck character (i.e. @pos them to HP or zone entrance), or clear a hung login session.

Also, would be nice have an option to see only my items on the AH, because I have hope that eventually the Simulate AH script will be able to sell character items instead of just delete them, to help simulate a full economy with just a small set of players: http://forums.dspt.info/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19

Another nice feature would be some server stats..
- Current Online Characters (list)
- Total Characters (with a link to a list)
- Characters online in last 24 hours / week / month (with links to a list)

Ability to see online character bazaar messages / zones they are in.



Some ideas that may not be so feasible:
- Ability to message characters through /tell or /linkshell of the linkshell equipped on character that is linked to web login
- This is a little on the far end, but it would be cool to shop the AH on web interface while at work, buy gear (using character inventory / gil), and then use that gear that night from the delivery box.


I will see if I can think of some more. Thanks!!!

ex0r
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by ex0r » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:39 pm

thrydwolf wrote:Thanks ex0r! Looks great so far.

I think some great features would be some options to fix stuck character (i.e. @pos them to HP or zone entrance), or clear a hung login session.

Also, would be nice have an option to see only my items on the AH, because I have hope that eventually the Simulate AH script will be able to sell character items instead of just delete them, to help simulate a full economy with just a small set of players: http://forums.dspt.info/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19

Another nice feature would be some server stats..
- Current Online Characters (list)
- Total Characters (with a link to a list)
- Characters online in last 24 hours / week / month (with links to a list)

Ability to see online character bazaar messages / zones they are in.



Some ideas that may not be so feasible:
- Ability to message characters through /tell or /linkshell of the linkshell equipped on character that is linked to web login
- This is a little on the far end, but it would be cool to shop the AH on web interface while at work, buy gear (using character inventory / gil), and then use that gear that night from the delivery box.


I will see if I can think of some more. Thanks!!!
Thanks for the reply, thryd, let me answer your questions, hopefully I get them all.

first off, in regards to the AH. The web system is/was never meant to be used for a full fledged management system, and the AH was never really meant to be in it at all, it was added as a basic feature per request from one of the testers to view ah items. Eventually, search filters will be implemented into it, but since it's not a priority feature it's being pushed to one of the back burners.

If you click on the 'regional info' link on the demo site, you will see a list of online characters, including their current job, race, level and their current in-game area.

As for being able to view all characters on the realm, I didn't include this as a feature for several reasons, one being spam/abuse. I limited it to the possibility of only viewing online characters and your own characters.

NOTE TO ABOVE: There is an administration panel that goes along with this interface (which will be worked on once dsp-web interface is stable enough for general use), which will allow GM's and administrators to view ALL accounts and ALL characters that are on the server.

As for the bazaar messages, those will be available in two flavors:

in the 'characters' page, by clicking 'view character' after selecting one of your own characters, or:

in the 'regional info' page, by clicking 'view character' after selecting an online character.

Thanks for your input, and please keep the ideas coming!

EDIT: It appears I missed a question regarding in-game /tells. Currently, the system uses ONLY the database for interfacing with your dsp server, and since /tells are handled by the client and server directly, there isn't a way to implement this. Later, if the DSP team decides to incorporate 'in-game messages', and store the messages to the database, this feature may be added as a way to send in-game mail to other users or yourself.

thrydwolf
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 am

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by thrydwolf » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks ex0r. I will see if I can think of any more ideas for you.

xipies
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by xipies » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 pm

ex0r wrote:Later, if the DSP team decides to incorporate 'in-game messages', and store the messages to the database, this feature may be added as a way to send in-game mail to other users or yourself.
Would this be something like PlayOnline messages? Speaking of, did anybody use PlayOnline Plus? :lol:

ex0r
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: DSP Web interface

Post by ex0r » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:34 pm

xipies wrote:
ex0r wrote:Later, if the DSP team decides to incorporate 'in-game messages', and store the messages to the database, this feature may be added as a way to send in-game mail to other users or yourself.
Would this be something like PlayOnline messages? Speaking of, did anybody use PlayOnline Plus? :lol:
I am not sure how the DSP team plans to handle in-game messaging, or if they even do. Whatever they decide to do, I will be ready to incorporate it into DSP-Web.

Locked