- Adds WotG to Missions.lua. Main story mission only, I can't remember where the 3 nations end up (Quests or missions, etc.) Values are verified.
- Adds scripts for Cavernous Maws, even if the NPC isn't currently present in the database.
- Stores unlocked maws in the char_vars field "wotgMaws." Bits are (0 to 8) Rolanberry, Pashhow, N. Gustaberg, Batallia, Jugner, E. Ronfaure, Sauromugue, Meriphataud, W. Sarutabaruta
- Advances WotG mission progress accordingly
- Cleaned up code from previous versions. Formating, comments for data I made up vs data pulled from PXI, etc.
- Missing NPCs and/or incorrect NPC IDs will cause cutscenes to display incorrectly. Some are easy to fix, but some would be a chore for data that will probably be replaced eventually.
- Data for setPos is not verified against retail, and is probably off by a digit or two. I'll fix these if valid data is supplied, though.
- Anyone examining a maw in Rolanberry Fields, Batallia Downs, or Sauromugue Champaign will probably find themselves in an empty zone with no possibility of escape. Highly recommended you use a GM or have one on call. Your best bet is Sauromugue, but I don't think you can get through Garlaige [S], so...
I'd very much like to disable the maws via some kind of variable, specifically because that's a bad time.
I provide this because it took a fair amount of work, and even if it's not possible to add it yet, it will hopefully make someone's life easier, later on.
And hey, at least it's all good in missions.lua
I'm happy to work on what I've made so far. I made the mess, so I'm willing to tidy the place up, so to speak. Not like it's complexbluekirby0 wrote:If you are serious about doing this I can make you another set of functions to work with cavernous maws and set up new rows in a more appropriate database table. It would also be good to get someone with retail who can manage a more recent zonecap of the affected areas for both NPCs and mobs. We will need to come up with a new method for zonecapping, since the original method used on pXI has been disabled. I have some ideas from talking to one of the previous developers, but I will need some time to make it into a practical solution.
My C/C++ is... non-existent. Thanks to some programming experience, I can kind-of-sort-of read what you guys have done, but I wouldn't be too sure where to start on functions of my own. I wouldn't go to too much trouble over it, without something to actually do on the opposite end.
But yeah, without more complete WotG zones, the maws actually become almost hazardous to players, since there's no real escape without a warp scroll/teleport spell. I ended up making the initial cutscene via mission status rather than key item, but even if the server has the expansion turned off, it still dutifully returns a 0, which passes as being the correct mission.
Realization: settings.lua could handle maw toggles. That was easy. Who needs CONF values?