Contribution forum change

Post Reply
User avatar
whasf
Site Admin
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Contribution forum change

Post by whasf » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Now that we are on github, we are no longer accepting contribution posts of code. Submit a push request via git and it will be accepted/rejected.

If you have something on here that hasn't been accepted yet, submit it via git.

Thanks!
-- Whasf

GraveNET
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 am

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by GraveNET » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:02 pm

whasf wrote:Now that we are on github, we are no longer accepting contribution posts of code. Submit a push request via git and it will be accepted/rejected.

If you have something on here that hasn't been accepted yet, submit it via git.

Thanks!
Well that sucks... Sorry just my opinion lol....

Are you guys still limiting the stuff your accepting to Zm/Cop era?
or does this mean you are opening the flood gates to all updates?

Thanks!

User avatar
kjLotus
Lead Developer
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by kjLotus » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:31 pm

GraveNET wrote:Well that sucks...
it's nearly the same amount of steps for a user, and far less for us to merge a patch this way
GraveNET wrote:Are you guys still limiting the stuff your accepting to Zm/Cop era?
or does this mean you are opening the flood gates to all updates?
for new content - if it's 100% retail, it will probably be accepted regardless of what era it is

GraveNET
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 am

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by GraveNET » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:58 pm

kjLotus wrote:
GraveNET wrote:Well that sucks...
it's nearly the same amount of steps for a user, and far less for us to merge a patch this way

I dont like change :)~
GraveNET wrote:Are you guys still limiting the stuff your accepting to Zm/Cop era?
or does this mean you are opening the flood gates to all updates?
for new content - if it's 100% retail, it will probably be accepted regardless of what era it is
But this is a nice change here!! I'm stoked about this let all the mission coding COMMENCE!!
Thanks for the update Kj

User avatar
whasf
Site Admin
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by whasf » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:45 pm

kjLotus wrote:
for new content - if it's 100% retail,
AND it is coded in a clean and efficient manner
kjLotus wrote:it will probably be accepted regardless of what era it is
-- Whasf

GraveNET
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 am

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by GraveNET » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:03 am

whasf wrote:
kjLotus wrote:
for new content - if it's 100% retail,
AND it is coded in a clean and efficient manner
kjLotus wrote:it will probably be accepted regardless of what era it is
Of course !! I didnt expect 100% commit without there being a "But........it must....."

:) I'm just thrilled its a little more opened - gives people sitting on code that's a little further in creation a chance to contribute, without being told no one is interested.

/cheers!!

User avatar
kjLotus
Lead Developer
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by kjLotus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:50 am

GraveNET wrote::) I'm just thrilled its a little more opened - gives people sitting on code that's a little further in creation a chance to contribute, without being told no one is interested.

/cheers!!

hmm... i thought it was always the case that we'd accept proper code regardless of era, and that the "target zilart" was more of a guideline just for the main developers

altalus
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Montreal Qc, CAN

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by altalus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Yes but looking at all the patch manually one by one was time consuming and I often saw good code sitting there not being included in the core because of man power. It is much easier for everyone to be able to create pull demands for you guys to look over and accept/refuse. It will help get code from 3rd party (nor darkstar members) in the server.

only my 2c :)

User avatar
atom0s
Developer
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by atom0s » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 pm

You don't need to make patches per-file. You can create a patch on the root directory of DSP to include all changes you have made (you can pick and choose them as well) to include into the patch.

User avatar
kjLotus
Lead Developer
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Contribution forum change

Post by kjLotus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:55 pm

altalus wrote:I often saw good code sitting there not being included in the core because of man power.
most of the time anything for the core was looked over by me, but for scripts you're right

Post Reply