[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Darkstar Project forums - View topic - Lots of noob questions on private server
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Lots of noob questions on private server 

I set up a server to play solo (server + client on same PC) and I have a lot of questions - it's hard to find a good source of info on google. If anyone has any links I would appreciate it, or if someone could answer some of these questions. Thanks!

(1) When starting up the server, the "loading zones..." step takes a LONG time, like 15+ minutes - is there a way to speed this up?
(2) I assume any modifications that aren't in the map_darkstar.conf or settings.lua file require a recompile to take effect, is that true?
(3) If I recompile the source code, do I have to re-link the database or does that stick?
(4) If I recompile the source code and create new .exe files, will character data be erased/reset? If so, how do I prevent that?
(5) How can I set it up so there are no limits on how many crafts a character can level? (i.e. if I want to get 100 on every craft on one character)
(6) Where do I mess with NM pop rates?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:31 pm
Site Admin

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm

Thanks for the answers! Is this the best place to ask questions or is there a more active forum somewhere?

Switching to release mode made the server start up in 3 minutes instead of 10 so that's awesome. How do you turn off navmeshes?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm
Site Admin

Just delete the "navmeshes" folder, then restart the server
Our discord is available for more immediate help: https://discord.gg/4dgAzfC

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]