View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:21 pm



Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Lots of noob questions on private server 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 pm
Posts: 6
I set up a server to play solo (server + client on same PC) and I have a lot of questions - it's hard to find a good source of info on google. If anyone has any links I would appreciate it, or if someone could answer some of these questions. Thanks!

(1) When starting up the server, the "loading zones..." step takes a LONG time, like 15+ minutes - is there a way to speed this up?
(2) I assume any modifications that aren't in the map_darkstar.conf or settings.lua file require a recompile to take effect, is that true?
(3) If I recompile the source code, do I have to re-link the database or does that stick?
(4) If I recompile the source code and create new .exe files, will character data be erased/reset? If so, how do I prevent that?
(5) How can I set it up so there are no limits on how many crafts a character can level? (i.e. if I want to get 100 on every craft on one character)
(6) Where do I mess with NM pop rates?


Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:31 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 pm
Posts: 1195
Lothiriel wrote:
I set up a server to play solo (server + client on same PC) and I have a lot of questions - it's hard to find a good source of info on google. If anyone has any links I would appreciate it, or if someone could answer some of these questions. Thanks!

(1) When starting up the server, the "loading zones..." step takes a LONG time, like 15+ minutes - is there a way to speed this up?

Compile it in release mode and/or don't use the navmeshes
Lothiriel wrote:
(2) I assume any modifications that aren't in the map_darkstar.conf or settings.lua file require a recompile to take effect, is that true?

Not necessarily, some scripts don't
Lothiriel wrote:
(3) If I recompile the source code, do I have to re-link the database or does that stick?

Source code has nothing to do with the database, so the answer is no
Lothiriel wrote:
(4) If I recompile the source code and create new .exe files, will character data be erased/reset? If so, how do I prevent that?

No
Lothiriel wrote:
(5) How can I set it up so there are no limits on how many crafts a character can level? (i.e. if I want to get 100 on every craft on one character)

No idea, I think it's db changes
Lothiriel wrote:
(6) Where do I mess with NM pop rates?

Depends on the NM. Either their script or mob_pools table

_________________
-- Whasf


Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 pm
Posts: 6
Thanks for the answers! Is this the best place to ask questions or is there a more active forum somewhere?

Switching to release mode made the server start up in 3 minutes instead of 10 so that's awesome. How do you turn off navmeshes?


Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 pm
Posts: 1195
Just delete the "navmeshes" folder, then restart the server
Our discord is available for more immediate help: https://discord.gg/4dgAzfC

_________________
-- Whasf


Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.


Flag Counter